Play Store is an app that is sometimes officially installed on Android devices and tablets. The app is a platform that distributes apps, films, music, books, TV programs and other media content. It was formerly the Android Market and users are entitled to many features including online games, cloud saves and even social and public leaderboards. Users can also make in-app purchases directly on the app and the app is downloaded to any Android gadget linked to the user’s account.
Play Store Features
- Search filters: the play store will filter search results based on the applications that are compatible with your specific device. The filter is a highly intelligent aspect bearing in mind that it is based on metadata and configuration settings
- App manager:The app will let you easily manage your apps
- Download apps and other digital content: the Play store has more than 2.7 million apps available for download
- Customize updates: you can set your preferences for automatic updates of apps in the app stores setting. You can choose to put off the automatic updates or allow auto update only when the device is connected to a Wi-Fi signal.
Play Store Tips and Tricks
Google Play Music
The Play Store has an exciting streaming feature that is Google Play Music. It is an excellent service that has both a free service and a subscription one. Google Play Music has more than 30 million songs on their library. It will work as an appropriate media player for any occasion and it has a storage ability of 50,000 songs. The app is ideal for travellers because you can save playlists and songs for offline listening.
Parental control and Auto-update
The Play Store will also allow a user to disable or enable Auto-update on apps. A user can also set the apps to auto-update automatically only when your device is connected to a Wi-Fi. A parent can set parental controls and add content they like to their wishlist. Android users can also check app recommended apps through their friends or manually update Play Store.
Fingerprint authentication and security features
A client can use fingerprint authentication for purchases on the app and this is convenient than typing your Google account Settings. This fingerprint authentication prevents your device from being misused.
Play store over the years has come up with innovative ways to flag apps that may contain malware, spyware or even Trojan viruses. One of the ways is peer grouping and also the Play protect feature which is known to scan billions of apps daily. To know when the last time the apps were scanned; you can simply check the feature which is visible on the play store app in your android device.
Stop installed apps icons from automatically appearing in your home screen
If you do not like a cluttered screen, you can simply stop the automatic addition of apps to your home screen by simply following the three steps below.
- In the Google play home screen, swipe from left to right
- Select settings
- Unselect the option to add icons to home screen